CIF Change Monitor
The CIF Change Monitor DNAapp is an online application that allows the User to proactively review and monitor person and organization CIF (Customer Information File) records that have had recent updates such as address changes, phone number changes, email address changes, and keyword/password changes.
The CIF Change Monitor DNAapp is an online application that allows the User to proactively review and monitor person and organization CIF (Customer Information File) records that have had recent updates such as address changes, phone number changes, email address changes, and keyword/password changes
This allows a Financial Institution an on-demand channel to quickly review these CIF changes without having to request, run, and review batch or reporting system files and reports, and also put the changes in east-to-read formats for the old vs. new values. The Financial Institution may also easily place warning flags on the person CIF changes to alert other Users (call center, branch personnel, etc.) of recent changes.
The CIF Change Monitor DNAapp provides the Financial Institution with flexible setup, review, and simplified processing. Other benefits include:
- The ability to query online for both person and organization records that have had recent CIF changes.
- Only changes to records with current data are picked up, so new persons and organizations are filtered out. This allows the Monitor to focus strictly on where data was changed from a previous value.
- Flexibility to choose which types of addresses and phone numbers will be checked for record updates.
- Institution-level setting to control which label will be displayed for the CIF Change Monitor screen for the keyword (often defaulted as Mother's Maiden Name, Keyword, or Password) so a Financial Institution may have the screen reflect their choice of description for this field. This dynamic display helps make it simple for a user to quickly note if a customer or member has recently updated this information, which comes in handy when working in the call center or at the branch.
- Functionality to "mix/match" for the queries so a User may select one, some, or all of the changed conditions values to query against.
- Ability to add warning flags on one, some, or all of the person CIF changes that may need additional monitoring with one-click functionality. This will help alert other areas that a change has taken place and they may wish to carefully review when assisting the customer or member.
- Security controls that work with standard DNA authorizations to separate the screen functionality into query/review and query/review/flag maintenance, if desired.
- Full activity and audit tracking of warning flag placements and releases.
- Easy-to-read details of "old vs. new" values, such as an old phone number and a new phone number so a User can find out right away what was updated, where it was done, and who did it, without having to go to the activity query screens or reports.
Being able to monitor CIF changes in real-time via screen access, versus having to work off batch reports.